Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yesterday we went to the gym at Stfffi's work, and today I walked the 6 or 8 blocks to the bookstore, and picked up the book he ordered for me yesterday, The Magicians by Lev Grossman.  Beautiful morning, mild and getting warm, easy walk.  The proprietor smiled at me, disappeared behind a shelf and returned with the book in his hand.  I almost cried.  It was like being handed the golden apple or some such.  A jewel perhaps.  A key to a door.  It cost 7.9 euros.  I slipped it in a small blue plastic bag and walked back home.  Or maybe I floated home, high on getting something to come into my life with no idea how to make it happen, and then it did happen.  Tonight Steffi, Dani (her partner), my grandson Travis and I are having dinner at my apartment and then walking into the Romer Platz part of town across the old bridge and along the river.  All the white blossoms on the trees and turned dark and are falling, leaving all the great green leaves, slowly going into summer.  See me smiling here at the computer.  :-) I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment