Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 11  Day 5 I think.  Yesterday, my oldest grandson, Travis, came to the apt. and took me to see where he lives in Bornheim and where he works at the movie theater as cashier and projectionist.  We had coffee and a pastry in a nearby shop.  Very nice.  I last saw him 5 or 6 years ago.  He is tall, with dark hair and dark eyes.  He brought me chocolate cake.  Then in the afternoon, Steffi came to get me and we went to the Hale and Farewell for the outgoing Counsel General of the Consulant.  A lovely event under tents with food and drink.  They also gave Steffi an award for Manager of the Year, and remarked about her bravery in the rescue of the soldiers who were attack last year at the Frankfort Airport by the lone gunman.  She took the company van and went to pick up the survivors of the attack.  She was also sited for that last year but they always mention it when she's receiving an award.  Today we have an Employee Appreciation BBQ for her employees in the afternoon.  it was in the 80's yesterday, but rain forecast this afternoon.  We will have to play vollyball in the rain perhaps.  Everyday is a new adventure for me.  I am loving it here, settled in nicely, quite comfortable.  We may drive to Holland to see the tulip fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment