Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today, Wednesday, it is raining.  Not the kind that comes down the windows is streaks and smears, but the kind that is in the air everywhere at once.  So everything is shiny and clean.  I can see the Main River from my window, with graceful bridges, some old and some new.  The one directly out of the window is made of green steel, with art deco designs on the tops of the supports, made of gold and red, that look like a sun with rays coming off it.  Beautiful.  Can#t get the t.v. or stero to come on this morning, so it's also very quiet.  I usually walk along the river about 45 minutes each morning, so perhaps soon off to do that.  I made coffee, and have my favorite Hazelnut creamer, so life is actually quite good.  There's a vase of red tuplips in the window, and three roses in another vase.  Lots of good light in the apartment.  I am learning to ride the trains, use the keys, make coffee, and cook.  Everthing is just different enough that it takes a bit of learning how.  Steffie and I went to the movie last night and saw The Best Marigold Hotel in English at a charming theater within walking distance.  When we got out at 9:30, it was still faintly light for our walk home.  Tomorrow afternoon I am going to an event for Steffie#s Manager of the Year award with dinner, and Friday we are going to her business' Employee BBQ and vollyball tourney.  Just to advise you, dear Readers, I am using Steffie's laptop and the y and z are swapped places.  I try to catch the errors when I make them, but some may slip through.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment