Sunday, May 13, 2012

A beautiful day sunny and the sky that perfect blue that occurs in the spring. We went to the botanical gardens. There are huge glass buildings filled with exotic plants growing with spikes and spines and swisted roots above ground. I tried to capture the brilliant blossoms with my camera, but we know that the eye sees one thing and the camera sees another. When Steffi shows me how to post pictures to my blog, you can see what I mean. We ate at the outdoor restaurant there, coffee and pastry. It was great to sit in the sun. Steffi says they have lots of gray days here and the sun is valued. So we turned our faces toward it, and probably got a bit sunburned on our faces. I'm getting bettter at riding the trains, keeping my direction which isn't all that easy when the trains are underground. You have to read the signs carefully and keep your wits about you. The tulips in the windowsill gave out, but today Steffi brought me a lovely bouquet. We made a reservation for Prague Wed. and Thurs nights and tomorrow we're going to the train station to see if they have any deals to ride the train to Prague. If they don't have deals, we'll drive instead, leaving Wednesday afternoon. It's twilight now, the lights are coming on, illuminated the bridges, relfecting in the river. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment